Exhibition reviews article - The Journal for Weavers Spinners and Dyers



 I was interested in this article from the Journal for Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, about an exhibition in called, Paper; Beyond the Fold, in Sleaford, Lancashire. The exhibition features artists Jennie Parry, Mayumi Kaneko and Sharyn Dunn, who all use paper to create sculptures and woven pieces which undulate and shift when hung, reflecting light and shadow. Parry also uses nylon filament and silk within her paper creations which adds another layer of texture to increase the variety of movement and shape. Origami and paper cutting have always inspired and exited me so I was really intrigued to find this article which introduced me to paper artists I hadn't previously encountered. Although I have chosen to do print, rather than weave, I think the ideas and images created by these artworks will really influence my work with colour, light and shadow. 


Comments

Popular Posts