Practice Tutorial 22/10/18


One of the points which arose from my tutorial was that I might consider combining the i-dott and Bradford briefs. There could be some cross-over between the themes, so work could be submitted for both projects. For my other project will also do the Bruntwood live brief. I will consider colour more by going back into my sketchbook to focus on the colours and shapes from my primary research. I want to consider the tonal qualities achieved through the photograph printouts and get more subtlety in my drawing. I am also thinking of using collage and materials such as puff binder to get texture and layers into my sketchbook which I can then translate into material samples. As noted in the tutorial, the yellow of the fabric used in my samples is too bright and ‘sherberty’, so I need to work on adjusting this. I am going to collate my samples of combined materials in a resource file, along with notes about the process and the materials used. This will be helpful when refining my samples into more resolved final pieces, as I will be able to assess the processes such as laser cutting which will be appropriate for further manipulation. I will begin this week by returning to my sketchbook, working with paint, sketch and collage. I will continue to sample with foraged materials to build up my resource file and then consider how to select the right colours for further sampling. I will also experiment with dyeing fabric both naturally and synthetically to achieve suitable colours.

Comments

Popular Posts